The Team Fortress 2 Fort

The Team Fortress 2 Fort

RSS Feed

What is your cl_interp for scout?

#  Oct 08, 2009 at 5:46 PM
 slin
slin

Hey guys,
What is your cl_interp for scout? I've been looking around and people swear by certain numbers that tbh I'm really not sure how such a slight change can make such a large difference but the numbers I have here are:

0.0152 (apparently the lowest you can go)

Which one is the most desirable for the scout (might not even be one of those 3 )? Also, someone was talking about changing it based on the color of your lerp on netgraph? Can someone explain that please? Also do you want different cl_interps for different classes that are optimal or do you just keep the same one for each class based on that lerp?

I am trying to find a way to bind certain cl_interp values to certain keys, and I can't get it to work. Inside my autoexec.cfg I have the following:

bind "=" cl_interp 0.033
bind "-" cl_interp 0.02
bind "0" cl_interp 0.0152

When I hit those keys in game it does nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help guys.
#  Oct 08, 2009 at 5:50 PM
 koopa
koopa

just do that in game
so your console commands INGAME would be
bind = "cl_interp .033"
bind - "cl_interp .02"
bind 0 "cl_interp .0152"             <---my fav
#  Oct 08, 2009 at 6:03 PM
 slin
slin

ok. so I was looking around and Ricco (post #2) says:
cl_interp_ratio "1" 
cl_interp "0.01" 
cl_updaterate "101"
cl_cmdrate "101" 

These are the settings if you want the lowest possible interp. The lowest a server will let your interp be is 1/updaterate. Most servers force 66 updaterate so you will have .0152 interp, or 15.2 lerp.

so I thought you couldn't put it below 0.0152?

also on this other forum it says

Basics :

rate 70000
cl_cmdrate 66

For projectile weapon class [soldier, demoman, medic ]

cl_updaterate 66
cl_inter 0.016

For hitscan weapons [sniper, scout, engineer, heavy etc]

cl_updaterate 20
cl_interp 0.1

comments? what is the significance of cl_updaterate and is that optimal or is it just a load of nonsense?

thanks for ur post koopa

EDIT/UPDATE:

Ok so what I did was I went into my autoexec.cfg and put in the following commands (the binds worked btw, i just didn't have quotes around the letters although that shouldnt make a difference):

cl_interp_ratio "1"
bind "o" "cl_interp 0.0152"
bind "p" "cl_interp 5"
cl_updaterate "101"
cl_cmdrate "101"

=============

When I went in game, I checked the netgraph and turned on my cl_interp to 0.0152 and the lerp turned orange and was at 15.2 ms. I then put cl_interp at 5 at the shots came out slowly of course, but the lerp turned white and was at 500.0 ms. What does it mean? Is the orange number bad or does that just mean it's low? When my cl_interp was at the default setting of 0.01 it was at 100ms which seems obvious -- the cl_interp will correlate with the lerp. but is that orange number a bad thing? Does anyone know if cl_interp affects ping or should I not worry about that?

#  Oct 08, 2009 at 7:19 PM
 M_24
M_24

i use .02 for every class

World Famous ShoutBox
The Buzz
GamerNation on Twitter